Friday, November 05, 2010

Has A Kick To It.

This was an exchange between two coworkers last night. Angelica from Brazil, and Sherri from Boston. Angelica speaks at least four different languages that I know of and her English is impeccable. She sometimes gets pop-culture references confused, like when I told her to be Snookie for Halloween and a week later she came up to me and said, "I'm going to be Sharko. Right, Jessica?" 

I had no idea what she was talking about for like an hour.

Sherri speaks fluent Boston native. Think of Lois from Family Guy times ten. This is one of my favorite Sherri quotes:

Sherri: My daughta assed me what a popiss is and I said, I don't know. I think it's a tahtul.
Translation: My daughter asked me what a porpoise is and I said, I don't know. I think it's a turtle. 

Anyway, last night before closing, Angelica asked if anyone had ever tried Mai Tai.
Angelica: I want to try Mai Tai. Greg, could you train me?
Me: Mai Tai? Or Muay Thai?
Angelica: Mai Tai.
Sherri: Oooh, I like Blue Hawaiis.
Angelica: That's a fighting style?
Sherri: What? I don't know. I thought we were talking about Chinese cocktails.

4 comments:

Brina said...

Great post :)

MFB said...

your impression of sherri is amazing. get that reality show going!! instead of captions, though, i vote for one-on-ones with you, translating, deadpan.

Unknown said...

Ahh this makes me smile and laugh so much! I literally have been siiting here all morning reading your posts since I've left the tigs...You're hilarious and make my day! <3 gell

Jess said...

GEL!!!