Sunday, March 12, 2006

Orange you glad?

Yea Big East Champs!! So, Syracuse basketball is amazing. I love it:
a) because it's awesome
b) because it reminds me of the great times at the dome, ahh, dome sweet dome. and
c) well.. i guess that's it.

Equally as awesome is XM satellite radio which allowed me to listen to the game last night at work (i will now be paid $1500 from XM). But there's something very intimate about listening to a sports game on the radio. Baseball and football are no good for this, too much downtime, but college hoops? Forget about it--it's effing awesome! Not only do I have a newfound respect for commentators--the play by play is incredible, i'd kill to play one round of Simon says with them--but it's up to your own imagination to fill in where the players are and how they look. I was so all about this. For the first half of the game, I pictured all the PITT players as Snuggles the fabric softener bear, but I thought that was too cute and found myself routing for them, so second half I envisioned them all as that scary Bird lady character from Chuck E. Cheese. Right, so typing it out I realize I'm six years old. Hmm. Oh well.
But the commentators kept talking about the Gerry fan section at the Garden without giving it a name. They'd be like, "And look at the G-Mac fan section!" "All those people over there really love Gerry!" "They're going crazy over there in that particular area!" Cello?! give it a name-- I suggest G-spot.
Oh, and I have honestly, like 35 different Syracuse-related puns, so, get 'cuse to it.
aw snap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loooove the CUSE! I wore my "Orangemen Spit Pitts" shirt from sophomore year (that's right, the free gift for "guessing" correctly that the tree in the middle of Schine is an orange tree); refused to sit down until the first basket was made; and waved an orange SU mini towel frantically at the TV every time a Pitt player attempted a free throw. Here's hoping for lots of NCAA wins!

Jess said...

saskelch, that's a GREAT shirt. it's no michelle hand, but still.
so sad we're out. did you fill out a brakcet? i have ohio state to win it all. i'll win like a million dollars if it happens. or less.
MISS You!!