Thursday, March 02, 2006

Crazy True Story

So I got an email from Sabrina this morning about what happened to her last night. While out for drinks, she caught a guy stealing stuff from her purse. The friend she was out with wrote the whole thing up. It's pretty long so I cut some, but the backstory: Brina calls the guy out on stealing, guy denies it, Bri says she's calling 911, stealer flees scene, Jonathan (her friend) chases after him! Hi? hilarious! As follows in Jonathan's words.
"The bar was located on 8th Ave and 55th Street. I followed him across the street, then across Broadway and kept following him as he ran towards 7th Ave. He yelled at me to stop following him, telling me that I was crazy. As I ran after him I was on the phone talking to 911 telling them what he looked like, what he was wearing, what I was wearing, (I was wearing my full suit from work, minus the name tag,) It’s a good thing I didn't have my gold plated name tag on, that could have slowed me down. I kept changing the location of the streets as I ran after this guy: I would say “I am on 55th and 7, now, 56th, and running uptown.
Then he cut across 6th Ave. into oncoming traffic. That was scary. I was wishing I had a badge, because I think I could have halted traffic easier. Instead I just yelled, “Official Business” and kept running after him. I wanted to yell FBI or CIA, but I thought maybe I could get in trouble for that, so I thought “official business” was better. Then he got into a yellow cab that was at a red light, on 6th Ave and 54th, and I opened the other door and got into the cab as well! No Joke, The driver looked back at me, and then this crook and I made direct eye contact for about 2 seconds. It was probably the most awkward moment of the whole chase! I kept telling the guy to slow down and that I just wanted to talk, but when I was right next to him in the cab, I had completely nothing to say.
He then opened the door and started running again. I got out and started running after him again. I told the 911 officer, “We are going to get this Fucker!” My adrenaline was running strong.
At the corner of 57th and 6th Ave, I saw cop lights finally and I just started yelling, “He is right here!, He is right here!” I saw a police Van and SUV cut across the intersection and park, blocking traffic and bunch of officers running towards me. The guy runs down the subway stairs into the subway stop that hosts the “F” Train. As we ran down the second set of stairs towards the train platform, the cops were on my heals and I yelled, “Thats is him!” as I pointed towards him. Three NYC police officers in Blue jackets whipped out their guns, and yelled, “Get down! Get down!” It would have been funnier if I got down too.
It was like something you would see in a movie, and within seconds the guy was in handcuffs, and they searched his bag to find 14 other purses and credit cards the guy had stolen. I pulled out my camera and videoed him being arrested. I said, “This guy pick pocked us and I chased him 20 blocks, (although it was really only 2 avenues, and 3 block, but it felt like 20). Look in his backpack I bet he has more peoples possessions”
As the cop pulled out all the purses I said to him and I can quote this, because I just reviewed the video I took….I said “He stole all these people’s stuff and he was in the process of robbing us, but I caught up to him, I followed him! He stole all of these peoples things! But we caught him. Thank You so much” I wanted to say we brought down to chinatown, but we were in Mid-town so I was't sure if that was appropriate, Too bad he did't run south. Then the crook said, “That’s not true!” and I respond, “Then who are all these peoples purses?” and he said, “They are mine.” I said, “Yeah, Yeah right!”

Just got off the phone with brina. I was laughing my head off and she was like, "Yeah and it was good because Jonathan was on my cell with 911, but called Koi on his cell to change our reservation." They had to go down to the police station for statements but, he writes, "We spent about 20 minutes in the station laughing and the night continued as planned, except we were dropped off in front of our trendy NYC restaurant in a police van instead of a Yellow Cab."
Quality.

No comments: