Saturday, March 04, 2006

Jesus, Take The Wheel

Sorry, but is anyone else aware that this is a song? Like, a popular song? It's been on top ten lists for months now. How am I just finding out about this?! Can we put aside personal beliefs for a hot second and look at this logistically?
When was the last time Jesus drove? He grew up in the desert, right? What did he drive around to work all those miracles? Oh yea, nothing. Son of God or not, you're not driving anywhere mister until we take a few loops around the neighborhood.
But could you imagine?
"Is there a problem officer? Well, I was feeling a little drowsy so I asked my Savior here to take over until we got to the next exit. Oh, just one second, let me check. Nope. He's never actually driven. Right, cars didn't exist back then. Oh, all the beeping? Sorry about that, we were stuck behind that Chevy with the 'Honk if you love JC' sticker for about 3 miles. Oh, no officer, I don't think he knew it was for JC Chasez. N'sync isn't allowed in Heaven. Ok, so He should show up to traffic court when, exactly? ooh, I don't know about that, being so close to Easter-- the whole rise again thing, exactly. It'd be a lot. Ok, nono thank you officer."


Hmm. It's late.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh - Carrie Underwood came back and sang it on American Idol last week!

And I asked the Lord 'Why, in my times of need, was there only one set of handprints on the wheel?'

Jess said...

HAHAHA. i love the lyrics! if i were writing a song about Jesus taking wheels and such, I'd totally throw in a little CSI question about the prints.

and duh sarah, that's how i found out about it:)