Thursday, January 14, 2010

Choose Your Own Adventure: OES Edition

Hello and welcome to what I believe is the first ever interactive post for this blog. 

Here's how it works: I'll give you the title and brief synopsis for a post, and then, based on your votes, I'll write that post and put it up here. It's just like all those reality shows you adore, except I won't be standing in front of a camera with a high-five and peace sign whispering, "SEVEN. Please call. SEVEN." 

Right. Well, we'll see how this goes. 

1) Hair Don't.
-While getting my hair cut, I discover that I have recently avoided a potentially embarrassing and awkward situation, only to have a different one quite literally shoved in my face. 

2) Sorry, We're Closed.
- I pass a styrofoam cup on the sidewalk attached with string to a cart of belongings, accompanied by a sign that says, "Back In Five Minutes." It reminds me of a story.  

3) Do You Have This In a Size Drunk?
-I randomly walk into Banana Republic on a night they happen to be serving wine and cheese. Awesome.

4) ???Mystery Post??? 
-This is like a "Chance" card. Who knows what it could end up being about! Exciting, right?

Unrelated note: Thanks very much to everyone who voted in the 2003, "Should I sell my kidney?" Poll. And many thanks to all the volunteers on the subsequent, "Who Needs Two?" Tour.

9 comments:

The Urban Backpacker said...

Who could resist the allure of the mystery box? I vote for the chance card post, although option 2 sounds damned intriguing.

MFB said...

all of 'em! each and every one.

incidentally, i'm not used to a certain SOMEONE abbreviating, so I went into this post thinking it was about the Oxford English Sictionary.

Brina said...

I want to hear about story #2!

Tania said...

#1 please, i'm nosy and want to know what happened while getting your haircut lol ;) (my SECOND VOTE goes for #4)

Unknown said...

Mystery box! Or all of them... Cheers!

Troy Holm said...

i really dig your stuff. i'm new to the blog scene. some friends suckered me into it, but when i come across blogs like yours, i don't feel like i'm wasting my time. haha. i'd like to talk more and maybe you could give me some pointers as to how i can improve my blog and things like that. i'm basically computer retarded. i could use the help. haha. i'm at: exmypa.blogspot.com . follow me so we can talk more. thanks for your time.

Icelandish said...

What's behind door #4???

Anonymous said...

Since I find every haircut awkward and embarrassing, I vote for #1. #2 is a close second.

Becky

Anonymous said...

#1 Please ;) (love your haircut btw)

Meghan P.