Monday, April 24, 2006

Best Text Ever?

Woke up to a text message from my little sister. It read: "90 year old Dorothy got into the showcase with 40 cents."
Back story. Vanessa is maybe the most brilliant mind alive when it comes to guessing prices. Which comes as a constant surprise to me because I don't think she's ever bought anything on her own. Watching Price Is Right with her is just about the most entertaining thing one can do. Not only does she guess the price amounts almost perfectly every time, she guesses what games will be played and calls what products will be used with such clairvoyance you kind of get scared. And the prizes to get up onto the stage? The ones where some people guess a dollar? she ALWAYS knows the exact price. It blows me away.
"Um, how do you know the price for a keyboard and a set of knives."
"They've used that before."
When I watch it with her, tears roll down my face, it's honestly too funny. She has everything planned out for when she'll go on the show. Her run up to contestants row, whether or not she'll play the game, or just walk away, "If it's a grandfather clock, I wouldn't even bother playing. Just get me to the wheel and into the showcase." She's convinced that she would spin a dollar, and takes it personally when people get into the showcase with less than 80 cents.
And the Showcases! HA. If you ever see my little sister, ask her to announce a mock showcase showdown. It is perhaps one of the most brilliant things you will ever hear. She starts with a theme, as they always do, and then goes on to tell a ridiculous story about what happens to a barker beauty all the while including random prizes. She's a funny girl but this is hands down the most hilarious thing she does.
Um, right. Just had to share I guess.
Oh, and have your pets spayed or neutered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister, thank you for your undying faith in me and my career as a contestant row participant...orrrr a Barker Beauty! Seriuosly tho, how redic is it, .40 cents! c'mon frekain Dorthory didn't even spin the wheel around once so Bob needed to help her! Nor did she realize she had won...where she was...or who she was for that matter! So Dorothy the 100 yr old senial woman who was searching for her pet goat on stage is up against your typical 20 yr old college boy wearin a t-shirt reading "I do keg stands for Bob" all the while competeing for a freakin juke box popcorn maker and a trip to wait for it...CANADA!! like r u shitting me?!? Anyway I obv would have won because they both sucked and Dorothy yelled out "40 CENTS" when bidding (she was a lil under). But yea price is right is by far the shit and my true connection all dates back to when I bought a signed manuscript by Bob himself at the BHS band auction...whoever wrote to him (probly a Tuba player) thank you!! oh and ps...the juke box popcorn maker was $2500!!!! lifes mysteries