Tuesday, May 09, 2006

potpourri.

Too lazy to put this into any organized form. Just a few things.

-Wore my favorite old jean jacket today, haven't worn it in maybe a year. Here's what I found in the top right buttoned pocket.
*A pair of AirTran wings. a very cool gift.
*The email address of a girl I met on a flight to LA a long time ago. Maybe one of the funniest people I've ever met. The flight attendant actually told us to stop laughing. Well, I never wrote her. Weird the people that pass through our lives, huh?
*A fortune from a fortune cookie reading, "your efforts will be worthwhile." I don't remember getting this but I could see myself saving it so that if my efforts ever did prove to be worthwhile i could be like, 'hey! my fortune called it!'

-David Blaine is under water in a bubble for like a week. MAGIC! do people know about this? I guess my big question would be why? followed by, no-- really. You know he was in the bath after a long day of card tricks and he's all, "holy crap! I have an idea!"

-Sarah is going to China and the weather forecast is SAND. honestly.

-Bought some new CDs at amoeba today. i wasn't able to listen to one of them but took a gamble and it's brilliant! The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place by Explosions in the Sky. I banked it all on the little sticker review that read, 'it will kill anyone who ever had a heart.' whoa. it's really beautiful stuff. right up there with the Sigur Rós album, Takk.

-Was coming home tonight and ran into my neighbor getting off this party bus. She works for google and that's their shuttle! it picks them up every morning and drops them off in this huge party bus, i don't know what else to call it. It's like going to prom everyday. Only without the dresses, and you have to do work. But still. What a fun commute!

-saw 2 cars with SU stickers on the windows. i was totally going to write them a windshield note but that would be weird. a lady stopped me once while i was running with a cuse t-shirt on and was like, "Syracuse!" and i was like, "YEAH!" and she was like, "ok, bye." i ran the whole way home laughing.
big gulps, huh?

No comments: