Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Miss Paula.

One of the best work-related memos I've ever read was at the hotel when a morning Manager report said only, "Jesus called in sick for his 6:30 shift."

I remember thinking, "Well that's never good."

But yesterday at work when we going through a list of attendees for a joint baby shower being held for two pregnant coworkers, someone asked, "Who's Paula?"

All of us paused for a second, kind of squinting in that way you do to nudge your memory, until finally, we just shook our heads. No one knew a Paula.

"Well she better show up." one of my coworkers said. "She signed up to bring like all of the salads."

4 comments:

Amalia said...

Haha! I asked someone the same thing the other day. No one knows who Paula is. And I was asking Lene, you know, the pregnant one. She was like, "Shouldn't I know the people coming to my party?"

Jess said...

I love Lene.

Unknown said...

I love Lene too. And Paula.

Jess said...

Bri, you're weird.

I love your face.