Sunday, September 27, 2009

Goal Setting.

I heard a story the other night about a person named... wait for it... Pooty McBurger.

Say it out loud please.

Pooty McBurger. That's the man's name. Pooty. McBurger.

The storyteller swears that the name is true. Apparently his parents were from Nigeria and wanted the most American name possible. Hence, Pooty. Obviously. 

I share this only because since hearing the name, it's been impossible for me to say "Pooty McBurger" with a straight face. To be honest, I can't even think about it without smiling. I've decided that when I can casually mention Pooty McBurger in conversation without my eyes watering, I'll be a grown up. It'd be nice to reach that marker by the end of the year. 

I'll keep you posted.  

3 comments:

Icelandish said...

What's worse is that it's a man's name. I could imagine "Pooty" as the nickname of an old woman -- like "Dorkus" or whatever the name is of that lady you wrote about. But a guy? He's so screwed. (But it's actually really funny so I don't feel bad.)

And McBurger? McBurger?!! Please tell me he works at McDonald's.

Icelandish said...

It's also kind of like "McLovin"...LOL

Jess said...

I wish Dorkus was younger so she and Pooty could have a child together. Imagine that elementary school roll call.
-Dorkus Pooty McBurger Jr?
(silence)
-Dorkus Pooty McBurger Jr?
(silence)
-Has anyone seen Dorkus Pooty?
-I think she's inside her desk.

Loved your last post by the way. I'm all for a good existential crisis!