Monday, March 12, 2007

Stop The Madness.

Um, Syracuse not in the NCAA tourney? Are you kidding me? I mean, I'll still watch, but I won't be happy about it. I think I picked Ohio State to win it all last year, and I think I'll do the same again this year.

Is anyone else fascinated by the jump chest bump that guys do to celebrate in sports?? It seems to be the most awkward form of all social interaction. Having to guess which people like hugs/hand shakes/kiss on the cheek greetings sends me into a little bit of a panic, I can't imagine the pressure of the chest bump. I would be that one guy who just jumped into teammates for no reason.
"Dude, what the hell?!"
"Oh, sorry. I thought you were going in for the bump."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you even believe about Cuse!? I'll watch them in the NIT, and I agree, I'm not even excited for the NCAA tournament this year...

Jess said...

did you watch the NIT game last night? i'm sorry but there is nothing better than a game in the dome. made me miss everybody!!

Anonymous said...

I did watch the NIT game...yeaa Cuse. Love the Dome. I don't think the new uniforms are that bad Julie!

Jess said...

hi my name's juliet and i'm too cool for NIT games and cutting egde uniforms.

oh, hi my name's jessica. I'd watch the Syracuse Basketball team play Scattergories. and i love love love the new uniforms.

awkward silence...

welp, guess we can't be friends.

guess not.

Anonymous said...

So I must get in on this debate...'Cuse got bumped b/c they do things like lose to 'nova. As far as the uniforms go, all I can say is new flashy uniforms don't translate into consistent performance each game. Also, I hate that SU had to go PC and drop the orangeman for an orange. My vagina was not threatened by Otto.

Anonymous said...

listen lady, if you don't want to be my friend you don't have to use a stupid excuse like basketball to drop me. but just know, you drop me and i don't cook for you or move for you or any of that. AND i get ashley. oh, and no silences are awkward with me.


ps. hi! sarah, you have to come visit and be a big time city lawyer.

Jess said...

oh snap! ashley!

OK, i didn't realize it was because of the "man" thing. i thought it was the whole oompa-loompa protest of '04 that brought the change.

I sort of like being named after a color. it's cooler than a random bird or something. think of all the awesome crayon names that would be kick-ass teams.

"Michigan State Magic Mint."
"Purdue Prussian Blue "
"Louisville Laser Lemon"

hold up, did 'cuse have that laser option?

yikes juliet--what was that?!

Anonymous said...

nothing. it was nothing.

Anonymous said...

I thought we were named after the fruit, not the color. But if it is the color, I think the Pitt Purple Mountain Majesty would be a good one. PS: how do I get the job title "Namer of New Crayon Colors"? Sign me up. In crayon.