Sunday, October 09, 2011

Jane Lynch Gets It!

Went to a book signing event for Jane Lynch's new book Happy Accidents and I gave her a copy of my book. I figured, why not? I debated handing it to her and saying, "That's $16." but I didn't. I debated telling her that I saw her on the campus of Smith College over the summer, but I refrained. I debated stealing one of the grapes that the bookstore had put out for her to nosh on but I was a little nervous and just rambled through everything I had calmly practiced saying this morning in the bathroom mirror.

It was cool to see her aaaaand, she got the concept of the title, which was nice!

Here's my awkward encounter. Why why why can I never keep my cool?
"I'm gonna put this on my blog."
[ugh.]

3 comments:

Amalia said...

Totally not awkward at all.

Don't worry.

(p.s. Really cool! Do you think she will read it? That would be so awesome!)

Jess said...

Thanks, Amalia:/

I don't know if she'll read it but I wrote on the inside that if she doesn't want to, she can give it to a buddy. But, I'm not sure she'll even read that, so...

Oh, well. Just put it out there I guess.

Hope you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

I Love it! How exciting. You kept your cool a lot better than I would have.